Re: Bending brake lines

To: spitlist@cox.net
Subject: Re: Bending brake lines
From: pboldtrix@juno.com
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 17:04:16 -0400
Cc: ZoboHerald@aol.com, dwillner@ptd.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Another technique is to purchase lengthy spring (12" or so) like a screen
door spring, whose inner diameter is a close fit for the brake line.
Slide the spring on the line to the appropriate spot, make your bend by
hand, then slide the spring to the next spot.   The spring prevents the
line from collapsing or crimping.
Phil Bacon, Gold Coast British Sports Car Club

On Wed, 19 May 2004 13:35:38 -0700 "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net> writes:
> Subject: Re: Bending brake lines
>
> > I'm re-rebuilding my master this week and want to put some new
> lines
> in. The
> > one from the mc to the fluid tank has some good size bends in it.
> Not
> having
> > bent this tubing before, is there an easy way to do this to avoid
> damaging
> > it or to make it go easier? Txs

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!