RE: Bending brake lines

To: <ZoboHerald@aol.com>, "'\"Dave Willner\"'" <dwillner@ptd.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bending brake lines
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:35:38 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of ZoboHerald@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 12:56 PM
To: "Dave Willner"; triumphs@autox.team.net

In a message dated 5/19/2004 3:14:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dwillner@ptd.net writes:

> I'm re-rebuilding my master this week and want to put some new lines
in. The
> one from the mc to the fluid tank has some good size bends in it. Not
having
> bent this tubing before, is there an easy way to do this to avoid
damaging
> it or to make it go easier? Txs

Just bend it around something solid, like a piece of pipe or beer bottle
;-) or whatever is handy and about the right diameter for the bend you
seek.

--Andy Mace

I bought a bender from my local auto parts store that works well.  It
has a nylon wheel with a variety of different size grooves to fit most
tubing.  The tubing fits into a groove on the wheel and between two
stationary pieces on either side of the wheel.  A bolt is attached to
the frame and by cranking on the bolt, the wheel is moved toward and
past the stationary pieces bending the tubing.  The grooves into which
the tubing fits are high enough that the walls do not collapse as the
metal is bent.

Works great and wasn't all that expensive.

Joe