RE: Voltage Regulator / Ammeter Question

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Voltage Regulator / Ammeter Question
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 17:46:04 -0700
> First of all, I suspect the +15 is a little high for a charged
> battery

Yes, very.

> (am I
> correct?), and the jumping back and forth doesn't seem normal.  Could this
> be a faulty voltage regulator?

Yes, but it could also be other things, like a bad connection somewhere, or
a short between the two wires to the generator.  Frankly, I would be more
worried about the overcharging, since that will eventually ruin the battery
(and possibly the generator too).  Should be easier to work on too, but
you're going to need a voltmeter ...

Randall