TR3 radiator placard

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 radiator placard
From: "D&B Lambert" <blambert@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 22:08:44 -0700
The other day I saw a TR3 radiator with a bras placard/plate soldered to the
top of the top tank.  It was brass, about 2 1/2 inches by 2 inches, and had
the following stamped on it:

COVENTRY RADIATOR
& PRESS WORK CO. LTD.
xxxxxxxxCOVENTRY xxx
NP   7612

I took a picture, but couldn't make out all of the third line, hence the
x's.  I've never seen a plate like this on a TR radiator.  Is this something
that was affixed by the maker to early radiators?  Or perhaps this was
attached by a repair shop after they'd worked on it?  The radiator wasn't in
a car, just sitting in someone's back yard.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Dennis