Re: Front brake lock up

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front brake lock up
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 17:36:38 -0700
Randall Young wrote:

>>If it's the TR3, I would be very suspicious of the residual pressure valve,
>>on top of the 4-way (or is it 5 ?) connector near the left front wheel.  You
>>can try disassembling & cleaning it ... but I just removed the guts from
>>mine and left it that way.

That's what was causing the front brakes to drag on my TR4... removing
the innards seemed to result in a little bit of pedal movement before
braking, though nothing alarming.

But remember the words of Aldo Leopold:  "The first rule of intelligent
tinkering is to save all the parts"

Geo Hahn
59 TR3
64 TR4