Diamondback redline tire review

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Diamondback redline tire review
From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 08:12:57 -0700 (PDT)
All:

There's been some discussion lately regarding the
purchase of "modern" redline tires.  Below is a review
I wrote in 1998 one year after I first purchased my
Diamondback redlines.

Seven years and 22K miles later I can now report that
the tread wore very well but the sidewalls have now
developed a fair amount of cracking due to their age.
They'd still be on the car today but I've just
replaced the tires with some 205-70 x 15 Yokohama
Avids, mostly because I purchased some new minilite
wheels and I didn't feel that the redlines went well
with them.

Their manufacturing process and tire options have
expanded since I bought them in 1997 - check with them
for details - but I thought that you might enjoy the
review.

Joe Merone
CF18928