RE: (no subject)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: (no subject)
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 22:39:48 -0700
> 2) master cylinder has no fluid in it, so its not pumping, or
> needs priming.

That's my guess.  The late TR3 design with the separate reservoir does make
it a bit more difficult to prime the MC.

> how do you prime?

One way is to pour it full as you assemble it, but I usually bleed it on the
car instead.  Most times, just loosening the outlet connection and using it
like a bleed valve will work (loosen the nut, depress the pedal, tighten the
nut, release the pedal).  In stubborn cases, I have been known to apply air
pressure with lung power (but I don't recommend this method).

Randall