Re: Brit Car Week

To: Percybal@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brit Car Week
From: Btmfdchn@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 02:19:28 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/2004 10:27:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Percybal@aol.com writes:
Day Two if I am not mistaken, and nary a
report of any skirmishes? No reports of
MGB's overtaking TR3's? No TR8 having
its wheels waxed by a Sunbeam Tiger?
Anyone on this sordid planet driving their
machine or is most admiring them in the
garage?

Regards,

Percy Ballentine
Greetings..   Ok. I'll report.  This morning I sat down in my 61 Morgan +4
(Triumph content-you are aware Triumph used Morgan engines, aren't you) and
wandered off.  I live in North California (California's better half) and we
have
some fantastic roads if you know where to look.  There is a web site called
Pashnit.com produced by a sport bike rider and he has listed over 200 roads
worth
a drive.  I wandered off to Iowa Hill on a road he refers to as Hairpin
Heaven.  The road was a bit washboardy but the scenery is spectacular.  No
guard
rails and the occasional several hundred foot drop off tempers one's over
enthusiasm.  You can't find the "town" of Iowa Hill on any map but it's
there-all of
about 4 buildings.  Some of the hairpins required first gear.  A super drive.
 Then on to Foresthill, fast becoming one of my favorite areas, and on to
Auburn, up the highway to Colfax (again) and the back highway to Grass
Valley-Nevada City.  Just west of Grass Valley is a place called Bridgeport and
the
longest (230 ft, I think) hybrid (truss-arch) covered bridge in the US.  You
don't
get to drive across it anymore but I did back in the late 60's.  It now has a
nice state park with some nice hiking trails.  I then backtracked (the second
half of Pleasant Valley Road is quite nice after you get past Lake Wildwood)
and on to Marysville and back to Sacramento.  All in all, about a 240 mile
figure 8.  I saw no LBC's on my journey.  Where were you all?    TJ