RE: TR6 Spark Plug Issue

Subject: RE: TR6 Spark Plug Issue
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:43:25 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Message text written by Joe
> >Ah, I have the Ignitor system also installed (forgot about that).  That
> could also make the difference.

Dave Massey replied :
> I'm not familiar with the Ignitor system.  Most of the electronic systems
> are electronic points but some, such as the capacitor discharge systems,
> will actually put out more volts from a stock coil.

The Pertronix Ignitor is also an "electronic points" system.  It should give
a faster rise time, which will help fire fouled plugs, but peak voltage
under ideal conditions will be about the same as points.

An MSD 6A on the other hand will drive a stock (external ballast) coil to
over 40Kv, enough to break down the insulation of the coil if the voltage is
not limited by the spark plugs.  BTDT

Randall