Boring 83mm liners oversize (In Iowa)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Boring 83mm liners oversize (In Iowa)
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 09:55:26 EDT
Triumph Listers

Out here in 'Ioway', boring tractor liners is typical.

For my race engines and car engines, I had Automotive Engine and Machine, do
several sets. They are a high performance engine machine shop and do stock car
engines as well as contract work for John Deere..

I prefer boring liners, especially with the original factory liner material.
I find it very cost effective, as well. I also presented the machine shop with
the pistons to be used so they could inspect.

I dont know what a practical outer limit is but the liners could be bored to
your specifications.  I am presently running 87mm liners bored .030 OS which
is nearly 88 mm....but only because I bought some NOS pistons and then
discovered they were bigger....not strictly legal in Vintage.

Joe Alexander

Check out the new British Cars Forum: