RE: Distributor Question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Distributor Question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 14:26:08 -0700
> With
> the timing light on #1 the mark is 2" or 3" past the pointer.  I had to
> turn the distributor CCW to get it anywhere near the mark at which point
> it was running very rough and back firing.

If you're certain you were on #1, then my guess would be that the timing
mark is in the wrong place.  As I recall, the TR6 has a rubber layer between
the hub and the pulley that may have slipped.  Another possibility is that
the key between the hub and the crank is either missing or sheared.

At least that's where I would start, by trying to verify that the TDC timing
mark really is at TDC.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: