RE: Wiring diagram 4A

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wiring diagram 4A
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:14:52 -0400
Date:   Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:32:39 -0700
From:   "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net <mailto:tr3driver@comcast.net> >

                > >Does the factory diagram from the owner's manual not have
what you want ?

        > Fair point, I've always been afraid of the electrical circuit
diagram in
        > the shop manual

Just to be clear, Steve, note that I said "owner's manual", not "shop
manual".  The shop manual was not updated for the TR4A, even though there
were some significant differences (like battery polarity).
Randall

Yeah  . .. Randall's right about that one.

I got pretty pissed off when I went looking for TR4A wiring diagrams in the
electrical section of the Bentley manual and couldn't find them.
Eventually I found them hidden in the driver's handbook section of the
manual.

Of course I was probably already pretty steamed to start with since I had
been trying to make a TR4A harness fit a TR4 for several years ..
unknowingly.

Lesson learned:  Don't buy something on sale and let it sit on the shelf for
years before checking it out.
There's no way that I ordered a 4A wiring harness.  I also would have
thought that if it were marked as being a 4A harness .. . I'd have noticed.
The two are very similar. . . it is only when you get to then end of the
installation that you see some wires don't reach where you want them to .
.and that there's a couple of extras in there to boot.

Anway. . the 4A Wiring diagram is in the driver's handbook . . / owner's
manual.  NOT in the electrical section of the Bentley Workshop manual.

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 Everyday

Check out the new British Cars Forum: