RE: American Racing Silverstone - Lug nuts????

To: "Nicholas Wolf" <nwolf@u.washington.edu>, <triumph74tr6@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: American Racing Silverstone - Lug nuts????
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:43:13 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net> i87MhsdM006224
I'd be really careful about torqueing mag wheels to 70 to 80 lbs. Fact is, I
wouldn't do it on a bet! The most that is recommended for even modern mag/alloy
wheels is 50 lbs. That should be more than sufficient. I say this from the
experience of using ONE....yes ONE set of American Racing mags original on my
first TR-4a and since on my TR-6 for...well let's see... 2004 - 1967 that makes
37 years! Beat that! Not to mention that the TR-6 has now clocked 318,000
miles. There is absolutely no need to torque higher and you run the risk of
cracking the wheel at that pressure.

Deano