Md inspection

To: Adam Wilhite <wilhit100@yahoo.com>
Subject: Md inspection
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:23:54 -0400
Cc: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net i8SCOa5e020538
Message text written by Adam Wilhite
>First I have kangol seat belts.  They do not retract like a todays seat
belts.   They failed bc of this.   They stop great...I have tried to rewind
the spring in them to no avail.  Is this a safety issue.  If so who can
rebuild them.
<

The recoil is important in that it will automatically take up the excess
length of belt.  without this feature the belt can get quite lax and it
will not restrain you in a crash until you have taken up the excess and by
that time you may very well be through the windshield.  You might consider
getting new belts.  Moss carries an aftermarket belt system that recoils.

Dave

Check out the new British Cars Forum: