Engine overhaul parts?

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Engine overhaul parts?
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:48:44 -0700
OK folks,
I'm fairly new to the list but you have given me a LOT of good information
so far, so here's another question for you:

I recently acquired a '60 TR3A, TS68164L, and it has engine #CT74726E (from
a TR4A?). I will need a complete engine rebuild before the car goes back
together, and I want to start stockpiling parts...it's a budget thing.

Maybe this is crazy, but I'm looking for a "must replace" parts list for
this engine job....it will be the starting point for my stockpile of parts.
Maybe you've seen something around on the internet, or maybe you just know
from experience, but it would be a good resource for those of us who don't
know which parts are never reused.  I know...I can go through the catalogs
but I'd just be guessing.  What I'm getting at is this: If 90% of you never
replace the "left handed framus nut", then I won't buy one until I'm sure I
need it....but I will stockpile a gasket set or an oil pump if I know it's a
"must replace" part.  Which parts should I plan to replace?

Thanks in advance,

Steve Ball
Lompoc, Ca
email:  banjo1@thegrid.net