Re: Leaking heater valve TR6

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Leaking heater valve TR6
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 07:42:59 -0700
Cc: Big Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
When I was reassembling my engine last year my machinist warned me not
to use normal taps to clean threads.  He told me there are special
"thread chaser" taps to use for cleaning threas.  The problem being the
ordinary tap will cut away thread surface and loosen the fit.

--
        Best regards,
        Tom

Check out the new British Cars Forum: