Clutch issues

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch issues
From: Harlyred1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 15:58:30 EDT
1960 TR3
Based on input from a few people on the list I attempted to set the push  rod
clearance in both the master cylinder as well as the slave cylinder.  One
thiing I noted was that prior to doing anything, my pedal only goes in about
2".
I continued on and when I was bleeding the slave it looked pretty shabby so
I used a new rebuild kit I had. Upon bleeding it again I had full pedal
travel.  Until it was fully bled. I still have no "oomph" the car goes into
gear
with or  without the pedal depressed, and no pwer is reaching the tranny. And I
still  haven't been able to set the correct clearences on the master and slave
till I figure why I only have such a short pedal travel. Any help would be
much  appreciated.
One thing I did note was when I had the slave off the throw out arm (?) was
not smooth, there was a slight, only slight clunk as it travels. IS this a
matter of the bearing being shot?
Once againm thanks in advance to all who have replied to my dilema.

Terry

Check out the new British Cars Forum: