Re: TR6 Bra

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Bra
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 09:08:47 -0400
Bra's are bad news for your paint (as well as ugly IMO) and will cause
more damage in the long run. A few years ago I switched to a "clear bra"
product after my 911 hood paint was RUINED by a loose bra. It is
adhesive, removable film by 3M called ScotchCal and is available in bulk
for several sources as well as computer cut for later cars - probably
not LBS but I haven't checked.
Sources are invinca-shield.com x-pel.com griotsgarage.com(bulk). To
install it, you wet down the area on the car (which must be surgically
prepared clean), spray a diluted solution of mostly water with  alcohol
and one-half drop of liquid soap, the use a special squeegee to layout
the film. I have a friend that has been hit by a piece of brick on the
highway with damage to the film only! I have installed this on my Audi,
wife's Jetta and my Tundra truck and wouldn't have a car without it.
>From 10 feet, it is virtually invisible. Once I get my 4A done, it too
will have it. It's worth checking out.

PeterK

Don't know. I sent mine back because it had holes for the old style turn

signals.
The ad said it would fit the '75/'76 but more than just the holes needed

to be reworked.
That was a few years ago and I did contact them about it. I don't know
if they fixed
the problem or not. I did hear via the list that dirt accumulates under
the bra and can
"sand/scratch" the paint.
- -jimb

- -jimb

StevesTR wrote:

>Oooooh! I have the old style turn signals. Do you know if the Bra stays

>put and refrains from flapping in the wind? BTW, I have never owned one

>of these for any car.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: