Oil Filters

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil Filters
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:15:22 -0400
Hi Everyone,
In August I posted a query on  oil filters ( for TR3A Spin-on ). I am new,
after 44+ years, and have picked up a 1958 TR3A. It had a Beck-Arnley
041-8988 filter and I was looking for a replacement. Thanks to all that
responded. Here is what I received:

FRAM PH3600, PH 2870A, PH966B
MOTOCRAFT FL400S
NAPA GOLD 1516, NAPA 1034
MOBIL1 M1209
AC PFL400A
PUROLATOR PL20195

Well.....A certain distributor provides the FRAM PH3600 so I am trying that.
I guess that bypass, flowback valves, burst strength, filter capability
(particle trap capability?), size etc. are things associated with oil
filters. Since the cost is relatively low, comparatively, and the function
pretty important, I guess then that I would sure like to know which is
"best". Most of us have been simply looking up the vehicle make/year/etc.
and grabbing the appropriate one off of the shelf without much thought about
it. One approach has been , hey if it works why worry?. That usually is OK
if the source is understood but it sure would be nice to know more. So, here
is the real question. What is considered the "best" for this car? Hope this
doesn't cause any dissention among the troops!
Thanks, Fran
1958 TR3A TS32465L

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]

Check out the new British Cars Forum: