RE: hardwood floors in my tr3?

To: "'Geo Hahn'" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>, TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: hardwood floors in my tr3?
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:27:24 -0700
Geo,

If we didn't personalize our cars they'd all look the same and be, well, rather
dull. At car shows I bypass the "original" cars and gravitate to the modified
versions to figure out what they did. Anyone can have (buy) an original car!

I'm sure Paul will figure out the problems.

John

On Monday, October 25, 2004 5:08 PM, Geo Hahn [SMTP:ahwahnee@cybertrails.com]
wrote:
> Paul Dorsey wrote:
>
> >I'm not going after the original look... would like to
> >possibly add toungue and groove oak or maple flooring...
> >
> Well the stuff's fairly indestructible if properly finished and would be
> a distinctive look.  Some possible concerns --
>
> Might be a bit slippery, esp when wet.  There's a reason why treaded
> rubber or carpet are popular for floormats.
>
> Could retain moisture against the floorpans.  So nice to be able to just
> yank the carpets & pads when the interior gets a soaking.
>
> Would seem to raise the seat height by the thickness of the wood.  Don't
> know about your thighs but I don't have 3/4" to give away between the
> seat and the steering wheel.
>
> Don't expect anyone to say "Great idea!" but if it is what you want the
> problems can be overcome.
>
> Geo Hahn
> 59 TR3A
> 64 TR4