Re: hardwood floors in my tr3?

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: hardwood floors in my tr3?
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:08:08 -0700
Paul Dorsey wrote:

>I'm not going after the original look... would like to
>possibly add toungue and groove oak or maple flooring...

Well the stuff's fairly indestructible if properly finished and would be
a distinctive look.  Some possible concerns --

Might be a bit slippery, esp when wet.  There's a reason why treaded
rubber or carpet are popular for floormats.

Could retain moisture against the floorpans.  So nice to be able to just
yank the carpets & pads when the interior gets a soaking.

Would seem to raise the seat height by the thickness of the wood.  Don't
know about your thighs but I don't have 3/4" to give away between the
seat and the steering wheel.

Don't expect anyone to say "Great idea!" but if it is what you want the
problems can be overcome.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4