RE: 4A Wiper Motor

Subject: RE: 4A Wiper Motor
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:49:13 -0700
> Its the 2 speed variety (I think) because it has the "1" and "2"
> terminals which each take a positively charged wire that comes from the
> switch on the dash, which changes the motor speed from off, to slow, to
> fast.  It also has an "E" next to one of the long bolts, which I am sure
> is for the ground.  So, in the real world, this thing would have 2
> positive wires, switched, and one ground.

The single speed wiper motor has two terminals marked "1" and "2" ... as I
recall the 2 speed motor has 3 wires coming out of the case rather than the
two terminals.

> I applied 12V of DC charge to the 1 terminal and grounded the motor on
> the "E" and the thing didn't turn, or whine or hum.  Nothing!

Try applying power between the #1 and #2 terminals.  I forget offhand which
is which (it's important), but it should run either way.  The terminal that
is wired to the park switch should be connected to the switch in the car,
the other one gets the solid green wire (fused power whenever the ignition
switch is on).

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: