Where does that leave me?

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Where does that leave me?
From: "Ron L'Herault" <lherault@bu.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:31:49 -0400
Jim,

I own a TR-6.  I can't afford to run it until I no longer have to pay child
support, in about 4 years.   I did not sell it and won't.   I was never
interested in racing or changing the car to "improve" the original set up.
I get in the car and start the engine.  I enjoy the sound, I  delighted in
the feel of the car as I drove (and will again) .  I like the wind in my
hair (and yes, there is less hair - I'm 57).  I like the sound of the
exhaust.  These feelings have not changed since I had my '58 TR-3 in
college, back in 1968.   I had a GT6+ before getting a TR-6 but I missed the
ragtop.  I guess what I am trying to say is, pick the feeling you like best,
enclosed or open, weigh it against which one needs the least work.  Sell the
other one.   Get back in touch with the joy of driving a great little car -
and there can be a lot of joy.    Regular maintenance is not that bad.
Maybe you can even locate a local mechanic who is skilled/willing to work on
your LBC for things you don't want to/can't do any more.   My guess is that
if you sell both, you'd regret it, miss the sound, the smell, the feel of
really driving an automobile that connects you in a physical way to the
road, and links you to the time line of the history of auto travel in a way
that our computer controlled, ultra comfortable suspensioned modern vehicles
cannot.

Ron L