Hard Starting/Stalling/ Wit's End

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hard Starting/Stalling/ Wit's End
From: "RangerCRS" <rangercs@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:42:51 -0700
My '76 TR6 is misbehaving. It's had a slight miss at idle but was otherwise
running good, or seemed to be. Suddenly, it refuses to start, but finally
catches, runs rough, then stalls. While it's running rough it won't take any
increase on the gas pedal, can't get it to rev. It will idle rough for 30
seconds or so, stumble, recover, then stumble and stall. I have installed a
new coil, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points and condensor. Hooked up a timing
light first to each plug wire, then to the coil HT wire, and the light
flashes when running, then stops at the same time as the motor stumbles,
starts flashing when it recovers. I ran a jumper from the battery hot to the
coil positive, no difference. What else can I do? Thanks in advance.
Craig

Check out the new British Cars Forum: