1960 TR3

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1960 TR3
From: Harlyred1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 12:04:40 EDT
Over the last few days, I replaced the points, condensor, plug wires  and
cap. Using Teri Wakemans' web site, I also converted to negative ground (
Thank
you Terri for the easy to folow explicit intructions). When I gapped the
points, I also painted a white mark on the pulley near the timing point (even
with the small hole) . ( dumb question, but the cylinder to the front IS the
Number 1 cylinder, correct?)
My dilemna is: today, I put an inductive timing light on the car. The mark
that I painted on is an easy 1 1/2" to 2": to the right (carb side)  of the
timing point. I did no further adjustments to the points or the distributor,
figuring I should leave well enough alone for now, until I get some input  from
the pro's out there.
The idle is a bit high, around 950, but I blame this on the state of the
carbs. The car sat for a few years and I have already ordered the Master
rebuild
kit from Moss for them.
Again, thanks in advance for your help and input.

Terry F
60 TR3
Hampton Bays NY

Check out the new British Cars Forum: