parish hardtop

To: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "6pack" <6pack@Autox.Team.Net> iAQN8UAD004628
Subject: parish hardtop
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:07:22 -0500
Message text written by "Alan Salvatore"
>I acquired a Parrish fiberglass hardtop a few months back for a TR6.
I decided to put it on today.  I  had ordered some weather stripping and a
front lock down kit from Smooth Line, since they make a similar top.
Problem:  How is it suppose to lock down in the front.
They sent me a screw and a small plate.  Alll well and good but it would
mean
I would have to drill a hole through the header for this to work.  I  am
not
really keen on that idea.
Does anyone have one of these that your using so you can tell me how its
supposed to lock down.
<

Al, if your top is anything like the steel factory top (and I would think
it should be) the hole is already there.  There are a couple of rubber
plugs in the top of the header and all you have to do is cut away the vinyl
on the underside.  These should line up with the attachment points at the
front of the top.

Dave Massey
71 TR6 (once fitted with a hard top)