Re: TR6 exhaust systems

To: "Jim Barbuscia" <jimbar@centurytel.net>, "Big Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 exhaust systems
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 14:35:00 -0500
> I'm about to take the plunge and install a new exhaust system
> on my tr6.  I see TRF has the Falcon stainless systems on
> sale but I've also found (on e-bay) another exhaust system from
> "Bell". Anyone have any comments on either system?
>
> Thanks,
> -jimb
> '76 TR6

The fit and finish of the Bell units is better than that of the Falcon
systems.  That is about the only difference... aside from the price, the
Bell usually tends to cost a good chunk more than the Falcons.

If you saw a Bell and a Falcon system side by side, you would think they
came out of the same factory, except that one of the factory workers spent
extra time making nicer welds, polishing the muffler bodies and getting the
pipe bend angles to be spot on for the Bell system.  The Falcon is not quite
as nice in those respects...

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke