TR6 exhaust systems

To: Jim Barbuscia <jimbar@centurytel.net>
Subject: TR6 exhaust systems
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 15:12:41 -0500
Cc: Big Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> iB1KESAC000856
Message text written by Jim Barbuscia
>I see TRF has the Falcon stainless systems on sale but I've also found
(on e-bay) another exhaust system from "Bell". Anyone have any comments
on either system?
<

I have a Falcon "stock" system (not the "sport" system) and I am
underwhelmed.  It has a nasty resonance that is not at all pleasing.   I
think it is because the muffler is made out of too thin material and the
sidewalls resonate whereas the stock muffler, which is made of heavier mild
steel, does not.  Althought I am quite satisfied with the Falcon systems on
both my TR3 and TR8 I will not buy another "stock" Falcon system for the
TR6.  The Falcon "sport" system for the TR6 is quite a bit louder (although
not as loud as some of the others (eg: Ansa)) it does have a raspy, hairy
chested rumble to it and is quite pleasing if that is the sort of sound you
like.  I know that Rimmers carries the "sport" system but I don't know if
anyone stateside does.

I know nothing about the Bell system.

Dave