mig welders

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: mig welders
From: FGFO1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:55:54 EST
Hi guys
well as Christmas approaches IM looking for my present. And the one thing
that IM thinking of asking Santa for is a MIG welder.
has any one used or own one of the flux core welders I see? If you do, how do
you like it compared to gas?
IM tempted to ask Santa for the Chicago electric dual MIG 151, that harbor
freight sells. (item 6271-4vga)
the reasons being:
1) it has the variable amps
2) it can be made to work with the gas
3) i like the 240 volt..do not have a convenient 115v 15 amp outlet close by
4) it seems cheap....am i getting what IM paying for? that is junk?
how does the 115v/15a ones work? they don't have much in the way of variable
amps or feed speed. is that a bid deal? my biggest job will be the floor
pans..lots of plug welds.
will it fit down my chimney?
as always i appreciate your comments
and thanks to Geo and Randall, my control head is changed and works great,
and as you both said "its a piece of cake"
Frank Fisher
58 TR3