RE: TR4A Choke Cable

To: "Jeff Porter" <jeffyporter@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR4A Choke Cable
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 16:50:27 -0800
> Has anyone used the aftermarket
> type?

Not sure if it's the same, but I used an aftermarket cable I got many years
ago from Moss on my TR3A.  It worked great for me.

> Or, better still, is there a way to keep the $#$# cable where I pull it.

On the aftermarket cable I have, you turn the knob slightly to lock it in
any position.  Might be you've got the same thing ?  If yours is the same as
the original TR3A cable, you may be able to file the slots in the shaft
slightly deeper for more locking action.

I'm sure Jonmac will chime in here ... when I purchased his book some years
back, it came with a "custom choke retainer" that looks amazingly like an
ordinary wooden clothes pin.

Randall