Re: TR4A Choke Cable

To: "Jeff Porter" <jeffyporter@hotmail.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4A Choke Cable
From: "John A. Wise" <Wise@erau.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 18:04:25 -0700
>While most people have the problem of the choke cable being to hard
>to pull out, I have it the other way.  It pulls out easily, but
>wont stay there.  It pulls itself back to the un-choked position.
>Im at the point of buying a new cable assembly.  There are two
>available, one is the original that you supply the knob and the
>other is an aftermarket model that has a knob attached.  Has anyone
>used the aftermarket type?  Or, better still, is there a way to keep
>the $#$# cable where I pull it.

On the TR3 you turn the choke knob about 90 degrees clockwise & it
holds the position unless you push it or turn it straight up.  Thethe
two cables are listed as different in the Moss catalog so I do NOT
know if it works that way in the 4A, but you might try it.

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE
5483 W Potter Dr
Glendale, AZ 85308