Re: Fewer LBCs on ebay?

To: Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fewer LBCs on ebay?
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:13:55 EST
In a message dated 1/12/2005 11:22:04 AM Mountain Standard Time,
Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca writes:

Novelty  of ebay has worn off?  People got burned? Or less people  selling
generally?

Just a guess but:

1. Too may rip offs on ebay, or at least stories about the rip offs.
2. Too high expectations of selling the "rare classic" rustheap for
gazillions.
3. The pros are probably laying back right now because as a general rule  the
used car market is dead until folks start getting their tax refunds  back.
If less people are buying it may lead to less selling.

One trick a friend on another list showed me was to do the "advanced  search"
and take the option of completed auctions.  It is amazing how few  auctions
result in the sale of a car.

I also "watch" auctions on cars that interest me and the majority of  those
fail to meet the reserve price and go unsold.

Robert  Houston
63 TR4
73 MG Midget
Texan in NM

... You do  not define the First Amendment. It defines you. And it is bigger
than you.  That's how freedom works. It also demands you do your homework.
Again and again,  I hear gun owners say, how can we believe anything the
antigun
media says when  they can't even get the facts right? For too long, you have
swallowed  manufactured statistics and fabricated technical support from
antigun  organizations that wouldn't know a semi-auto from a sharp stick. And
it
shows.  You fall for it every time. ... Charlton  Heston