Re:Birthdays

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Birthdays
From: Jim <cartr4a@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:12:18 -0800 (PST)
I guess I was a little older than 10 when the LBC bug first bit.  There was a
Jaguar dealership across the street from where I used to wait for the bus
during high school.  Of course the Jags in the showroom were awesome, dream
cars, in fact, but the used car lot was where I spent most of my time.
Spitfires, GT6's, MG's, TR4's.  Sometimes I hated to see the bus coming.

I had a '60 Austin-Healey for a time in college.  I don't think I ever had as
much fun with a car as I did with that Healey, but as with many of us, marraige
and kids brought on the "family" cars.  It wasn't until '93 that I got back
into LBC's.  Now my garage looks very similar to the used car lot of many years
ago.

A lot of people think of these cars as toys, and just play things.  I'm often
asked what I want to do when I grow up!  Simple answer...I'm too old grow up
now, too old to change.

Jim.....56 in June
'67 TR-4A
'68 GT6