Birthdays

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Birthdays
From: Aledotr6@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:13:49 EST
I had wanted a TR6 ever since a fiend of mine from college owned a Saffron PI
he bought when he was stationed in England and brought back to the states.
Eight years ago, when I turned 40, the urge really hit me, so I started
looking.
I couldn't find a decent TR6, so "settled" for a yellow 63 Spitfire. After a
couple of years tinkering with the Spit , I decided it'd be cool to make it
into a Spit 6 and promptly collected two non-running GT6's. Then I happened to
see a TR6 for sale in the local paper, checked it out and decided I didn't want
to pass it up. Later, work required me to move to another city, so I sold the
2 GT6's and the Spit. I kept the TR6 and have been restoring it for the last
three years. My eleven year old son occasionally comments that I should have
kept that little yellow car. He's right. My 15 year old son really wants a VW
Thing. At least it's from the right period. Sounds like there's a good chance
they'll carry the torch one day.

Bud Trussell
75 TR6