Re: ? finish of intake manifold

To: TOMJOANNMI@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ? finish of intake manifold
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:10:31 -0500
Tom & List,

  I have been on the 6-Pack list for a couple years and have just
recently joined this list. Looking forward to learning a little more
about more Triumphs then just the TR6. Tom, if you happen to receive an
answer off list I would appreciate it if you could forward the
information on to me.

  My car is by no means a concours or even "correct" car. I painted my
manifold a bright silver and used high-temp engine paint. I figured
this was a good idea considering the proximity of the exhaust manifold.
I had it blasted first also. If you look at the link I have below for
my car on the triumphowners.com web site I have put a copy of a 1974
advertisement online that shows a close up of the engine. The picture
is in black and white and shows the intake manifold to be quite bright.
According to the TRF catalog you should have the same intake manifold
so logic would seem to dictate that your car would look the same. The
original scans of the ad I have are a little bigger so if you cant see
the image in enough detail let me know and I will send you the .jpg
file directly.

 Hope this helps.

 Aaron

 Aaron Cropley