Re: TR6 modified cooling

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 modified cooling
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 13:13:40 EDT
In a message dated 4/4/2005 9:02:17 AM Central Standard Time,
vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:
> I've been asked to help with a cooling problem on a TR6 that is highly
> modified, with high compression ratio especially, that will be both raced
> and driven on the street. The car currently has a stock radiator in it. I'd
> like to hear from other owners about cooling capacity for highly modified
> engine -- will a stock radiator handle it in a TR6?

I don't have a heavily modified engine but I do have a raised compression
ratio (about 9.5:1) and my experience with TR6's is that they run at thermostat
temp all the time as longs as you are moving.  I think that the radiator is
fine but what you may need is more fan.

Dave Massey
71 TR6