Re: cruise control?

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cruise control?
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 13:04:05 EDT
In a message dated 4/4/2005 9:00:11 AM Central Standard Time,
vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:
> I want to install a cruise control on my TR6 to make long trips bearable
> for my poor old body.
>
> Has anybody done this? Any recommendations on make, etc?

I bought a cheap unit from JC Whitney and although it works fine on long,
level streches, the control algorithm is junk and it is very slow to respond.
But once it settles in it is pretty nice if you don't care if you hold a very
constant speed.  I would imagine that other units perform better.

There is a nice, convenient platform for mounting the control unit on the
passenger side of the car just over the footwell.  My unit has the option of
taking a speed signal from the driveshaft or from the ignition.  The ignition
option is nice in that you don't have to mount magnets, etc. and with a manual
transmission works just fine.

In short, no real problems.

Dave