Re: Ebay Question

To: ahwahnee@cybertrails.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ebay Question
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 18:15:12 EDT
In a message dated 4/4/2005 3:17:31 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
ahwahnee@cybertrails.com writes:

When  selling a car on eBay I asked for any zero-feedback bidder to
contact me  prior to bidding.  Of course a bidder immediately ignored
this.   He was a (0) bidder in Mexico so I had real doubts about him but
I sent  him a message to contact me immediately.  He did, sounded
serious,  was the high bidder at the end of the auction and within hours
had wired  me the full amount.

Always check out and verify, but I can tell you that a LOT of used  cars are
purchased, for cash, and taken to Mexico.  They are restricted to  the border
cities, but with several million Mexicans living near the border,  it's still
quite a market.  Mexicans are used to saving up and paying cash,  so they are
probably smarter than we are...

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4
73 MG Midget
94 F150
03  Beetle

To model our political system upon speculations of  lasting tranquility, is
to calculate on the weaker springs of the human  character.
---Alexander  Hamilton