Re: cruise control?

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cruise control?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 23:39:23 +0100
Hi Uncle Jack
I have Cruise controls from Conrad Anderson
http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/
I have the bog standard basic unit Shown here
http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cruise/ZT50N.htm on a Dolomite Sprint, (dad
also has one on a VW LT35) these work well, have no motors to go wrong but
do require a reasonable vacuum source.
I also have a ZT16ME Shown here
http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cruise/ZT16M.htm which uses the Electric
Motor servo, I think I panicked at the notion that the 2.5PI motor does not
make a lot of vacuum and went for the electric servo unnecessarily! I have
had a few problems with this unit when the motor gets stuck (probably lack
of use) takes about 5 mins to free when you know what is happening. I also
have the memory module CM8 seen here
http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cruise/cm8.htm this enables instant
activation of 3 preset speeds, I have 30, 40 and 60 set on mine, it means
that as I approach a speed limit I hit one of the memory buttons and the
unit will accelerate or decelerate me to the correct speed without lots of
tap up tap down to set the speed.
The memory module is not compatible with the bog standard unit, I would
really recommend one if you can afford the difference in price. For me the
difference in price was less than the cost of getting caught by a Revenue
Camera!
Live on an Island where the Police seem to have nothing better (easier) to
do than pester drivers, but are unable to properly prosecute a criminal
found in possession of someone else's property with forensic evidence of him
at the burglary! I used to respect the law now I don't!
Soap box off, Sorry. 8-)

Graham.