Re: TR3 Hi-torque starter

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Hi-torque starter
From: Acey2525@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 23:12:45 EDT
In a message dated 4/4/2005 9:49:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

You'll  also need some small wiring changes for the gear-drive starter.  I
wanted
to keep the original starter solenoid functional for several  reasons, so I
moved
the heavy starter lead to the same post as the battery  cable (so the starter
gets its juice directly from the battery instead of  through the original
solenoid), and ran a new wire from the other stud on  the original solenoid,
the solenoid connection on the new starter.   Not the only way to do it, but I
like it.

Thanks Randall,  So you're saying the hi-torque starter has it's own
solenoid...hmmmm.  I would have never guessed that.  You learn  something new
every
day on this list.

I see what you mean by the upper starter bolt being a pain...ouch!