Re: TR3 Hi-torque starter

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Hi-torque starter
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 19:17:27 -0400

And Kurtis wrote:

> I'll second that...  That nut's a pain in the @$$!
>
> I don't know how much different the engine bay configuration of my TR4
> is from a TR3, but I made the starter swap by disconnecting and
> removing the rear carburetor.

Ahem, but oh gentlemen, it is so much easier than you make it out to be.
...All you have to do is what I did, which is, of course, to simply remove
the body and exhaust of your car to get at that bolt. Voila!  2 year project
piece of cake!  ...And it serves the double function of avoiding that
disgusting decision about what to do with your free time....

Ah, but that bolt is sooooooooo easy then.

:0)
Terry Smith
New Hampshire