Question for the list

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question for the list
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 21:10:46 -0700
I took the clutch assembly and the flywheel of the TR250 to a commercial
friction material shop in Phoenix for rebuilding. I mentioned to them that
the flywheel only had one dowel pin to locate the pressure plate and would
they replace the two that appeared to be missing, as there were two
additional holes for a total of three. He said sure.

When I picked it all up he mentioned that they were unable to locate any
suitable dowel pins for the flywheel. In fact he said that one was enough
and lots of flywheels had none. I don't know about that, but the TR250
flywheel has holes for three and it seems to me that it won't be in balance
without two more!

I have had similar work done there and it has always been perfect, as was
this job. Except for the two missing dowel pins.

1. Do you any or all of you agree with me that the flywheel needs its full
complement of dowel pins?

2. Does anyone have two spares? Or know where I can easily get two more?

TIA and regards,

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3 (Sold and now just a memory!)
'68 TR250 (Almost ready for paint!)