RE: Question for the list

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Question for the list
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 23:22:30 -0700
> 1. Do you any or all of you agree with me that the flywheel needs its full
> complement of dowel pins?

Might not be absolutely essential, but I can't see any reason to find out.
Those same cars that don't have them probably have some other means of locating
the clutch cover, ISTR my Chevy had short shanks on the bolts and smaller than
usual bolt holes.

> 2. Does anyone have two spares? Or know where I can easily get two more?

They were originally just 1/4" by 11/16" dowel pins, P/N DP0411 (or DP411 in
TRF's database).  TRF sells substitutes that are 7/8" long, which should work
fine, for $1.19 each; or you can buy a box of 100 3/4" long ones from MMC for
$13.17.  If you go for stainless steel, a box of 20 is only $5.62.  (Not that I
think SS is in any way called for, just that it's a cheaper option if you only
need 2 of them.)

In extremis, you could always buy some 1/4" drill rod & cut it to length
yourself. I've probably got some in the parts bin somewhere, but it's hardly
worth digging for them ...

Randall