lug nut torque value

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: lug nut torque value
From: charles dubois <duboistr3@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:59:56 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I have questions for the list.

1.
I have installed some 8 spoke EMPI wheels on my 58
TR3A.

I needed to tighten the lugs after a short ride.

Does anybody know what the correct torque amount would
be? Even an educated guess would be helpful.

2.
I "fixed" my speedometer by replacing the drive unit
that goes into the transmission housing.  The
speedometer now works(never did before) but it is not
accurate.  Not even close.  I believe the speedometer
was originally from a TR4.  It is a Jaeger with SN
6325/00.

Can someone confirm that indeed this would not be a
correct speedometer for my car and perhaps indicate
what would be the correct Serial Number?

Thanks

Charlie DuBois -
Poughkeepsie,NY
58 TR3 - 31682L