RE: inside tire wear

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: inside tire wear
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:44:34 -0700
> I've got 500 miles on Cooper Sportmaster tires on my 60 TR3A and
> I'm getting an unusual amount of wear on the inside of the front tires.
>
> The book says that toe in may be the culprit since camber cannot
> be adjusted.

Doesn't necessarily follow, camber can still be the problem even though it's
not normally adjustable.

> Could I have missed the tie rod measurement?

Measuring the tie rods is the wrong way to check toe ... you should be
measuring between the tires.  Easiest is probably to take it to a alignment
shop or tire dealer, and ask them to measure both camber and toe.  Or I can
give you recipes to measure them yourself.

Randall