RE: brake shoes

To: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>, "TR List"
Subject: RE: brake shoes
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:45:04 -0700
Thanks Lou! I have been doing something similar.

For many years, 1st in California and now in Arizona, I have taken my brake
shoes and clutch assemblies to commercial friction rebuilders for servicing
and/or rebuilding. They have always welcomed the work and didn't seem to
mind the small size compared to the big truck and bus parts they normally
worked on. Their prices were always more than fair (almost cheap!) and they
were quick to turn them around! They never have had a problem with finding
TO bearings, or clutch parts for the British made clutch, except the dowel
pins, I ordered them from the Roadster Factory! (Thanks Randall!)

Of course YMMV and NFI.

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3 (Sold and now just a memory!)
'68 TR250 (Almost ready for paint!)