RE: Bizarre Event ...

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bizarre Event ...
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:29:10 -0700
> Now MY theory is this ... the loose vacuum line bounced off the large
> plug and somehow re-polarized the generator ... or at least confused
> it ... and my "zap spark"  has somehow "un-confused"  it.  So  I will
> be really interested in the replies I get ...

Interesting theory, Bill.

IMO it's more likely that your little short has damaged the cutout contacts in
the control box (since it would have shorted the battery to ground through those
contacts) and now they're sticking.  The cutout relay is, in effect, responsible
for turning off the IGN light when you shut off the ignition.  At any rate, it
couldn't hurt to inspect and maybe clean the contacts.

Randall