Re: tr4 fuel pressure

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tr4 fuel pressure
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 06:48:03 -0700
>>Team, My TR4 is original engine, but professionally rebuilt about 1000 miles
>>ago. It has a NAPA type low cost electric fuel pump and is running terribly
>>first couple times out this year. Does anyone know what the fuel pressure
>>should be at the carb input with the factory pump?
>
> I believe the spec is 2-4 psi.

Generic American electric fuel pumps are designed to work well with
generic American carbs.  Usually 7 to 11 pound pressure range.  This can
  overpower SU floats.  You probably should get a pressure regulator
that regulates that low.  Some don't.  Or if you want reliability,
simplicity and the correct pressure for your carbs you can always use a
stock mechanical fuel pump.

TeriAnn

IMPORTANT: This e-mail is intended only for the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is
confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with
low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If
you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is not authorized (either explicitly or
implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

No animals were harmed in the composition or transmission of this
e-mail, although the goldfish near my computer are willing to swear that
I undercounted their breakfast pellets, the mule is trying to tell me it
is past her meal time and my housemates Tibetan spaniel is living on
borrowed time.