RE: Starting cold

To: <ZoboHerald@aol.com>, "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Starting cold
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:07:45 -0700
Andy & listers,

I disagree!!

My experience with several TR3s is that if the engine is strong, tuned
correctly, choke adjusted properly, the carburetor float bowls aren't
leaking, and the fuel pump is working; the car will start easily! after just
a few seconds the choke can be pushed back in aways and the idle will smooth
right out and the car is ready to drive off. Sometimes it is necessary to
pull the choke a bit as the engine picks up the load of the car, but it
should run just fine. After it is warm, a touch of the starter button and it
should start instantly without any choke or throttle!! My '58 that I sold in
December ran just that way.

If your TR doesn't run like that, I believe there is a problem somewhere.

Jim Bauder
'68 TR250 (under restoration!)
Scottsdale, AZ