RE: TR6 steel wheel roundness and TRF's KN Minilite replicas

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 steel wheel roundness and TRF's KN Minilite replicas
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:13:57 -0700
> I'm telling you that on a Dayton wire wheel as they are manufacturing them
> now, both cones can fit inside the wheel.  The center portion of the wheel
> is now fully-machined.

Wasn't arguing with that, Phil, in fact I agree with you.  And you definitely
could not do that with the earlier wheels, as they were not fully machined
inside.

But I still think it's best to have the outer cone fit over the outer taper of
the wheel, since that's how it's located on the car.  My friend who used to run
a tire shop tells me that most machines come with the cone, but most technicians
don't know how to use it.  Sometimes it's even the same cone used for inside,
you just turn it over for outside.

Randall